The Gorodi Road was originally built in 1905 to the Livingston Mission Station which was situated on a plateau overlooking Lake Malawi. Over the years the road deteriorated and access to the David Gordon Hospital and local secondary and technical schools became increasingly difficult.
WER managed the funds raised to enable the road to be modernised and reconstructed. Local workers were employed in a ‘food for work’ scheme.
The project was implemented in partnership with the University of Strathclyde’s Malawi Millennium Project.
WER has also funded the shipment of relief and development supplies in conjunction with Glasgow the Caring City.
of the Gorodi Road construction - Livingstonia Project ..>
Provide a Donation ..>
Go to the Country page